Upcoming Events for Fall 2016
ELS hosts and attends a wide variety of events from speakers to field trips to competitions. Below is a sampling of past ELS events.
- Screening of ACID TEST with discussion led by Cara Horowitz, Director of the Emmett Center
- Jingjing Zhang, Deputy Director of the Public Interest Law Institute, China Program
- Federal Climate Change Legislation Update by Tom Mounteer, partner at Paul Hastings
- Creating Security & Prosperity for the 21st Century, Public forum on climate change legislation with Rep. Henry Waxman, Sen. Fran Pavley
- 2009 Working Conference on Nanotech Regulatory Policy
- LA's New Low Carbon Diet: What AB 32 Means For Los Angeles
- Lunch with Jeff Prieto, U.S. Dept of Justice’s Environment and Natural Resources Division
- Implementing California's New Anti-Sprawl Law - SB 375 Workshop
- Assemblywoman Fran Pavley Gives a Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Politics of California’s Landmark Global Warming Laws
- Jason Burnett, EPA Climate Change Whistleblower "Public Endangerment, Unopened Emails, and the Politics of Federal Climate Policy"
- Ken Alex, Senior Assistant Attorney General for the California Dept of Justice
- Moot Argument for Save Tara, Jan Chatten-Brown
- David Freeman, LA Harbor Commissioner
- Transboundary Environmental Cooperation, with Dr. Peter Gleick, Pres. of Pacific Institute for Studies in Development Environment, and Security
- US Fish & Wildlife Special Agent, Ed Newcomer
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP, Partners, Adam Umanoff & Ed Zaelke (UCLA Alum)
- Career Paths in Environmental Law
- Climate Change Symposium
- Waterkeepers International, President, Steve Fleischli
- Sierra Club, Director of Environmental Law, Pat Gallagher
Disclaimer: UCLA School of Law neither monitors nor controls the information contained on this web page or on other web sites to which it is linked.